Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Safer Summer Fun - Swimwear


Whenever we go to the beach or the pool I have to struggle to apply sunscreen to wiggly, impatient children! One way I've found to make it easier is to use swimwear that covers more of the body and contains SPF. I've been a fan of One Step Ahead's Sun Smarties Zip Suits for several years. These little "surfer wetsuits" provide great protection and the kids love to wear them. The fabric is lightweight and wears well. The design definitely has children in mind... there's a nice-long zipper to make getting in and out of the suit a breeze! The smaller sizes (up to 24m) also have snaps at the bottom for easy diaper changes. But what's most important to me is that these are safe against my children's skin. While there are other brands that offer similar protection in a similar style, Sun Smarties Zip Suits actually meets Öko-Tex Standard 100, a strict ecological certification process that tests for more than 100 harmful substances. That helps give me peace of mind knowing that what's giving the swimwear it's SPF properties is a safer choice. Just be aware that these are meant to be snug and they do run a little small. I buy a size bigger than the children's normal clothes size. I just purchased another Zip Suit for this year and one for next year since these are on sale right now for 50% OFF! Spend $100 or more and use the Promotion Code DEALS to get 15% off your order or SHIP85 to get free shipping on orders over $85!

No comments:

Post a Comment