Friday, May 13, 2011

FUEL Lunch Gear


My kids aren't in school yet so we don't have to worry about packing a lunch, but like most parents, I know that having snacks and drinks along on outings can save the day (and my wallet, too!).

Back in my day we used the "brown bag" and "baggies" to carry our food but I prefer a re-usable product that helps reduce waste. I began to investigate some possible options. Many I found contained PVC, phthalates, BPA, and even the possibility of lead! I don't like to think about my children having a side of toxins with their sandwich. Then I stumbled upon FUEL products.

Fuel products have a bunch of positives:
*Of greatest importance to me is the fact that the products are BPA, PVC, Phthalate, and Lead-free! In addition, they have an eco-friendly commitment.

*These products are "cool" and will be a hit with the kids. All the products feature fun and functional designs and are available in several bright colors. They can be mixed and matched or you can use one color per child to avoid arguments.

*The designs foster independence. All of the products are easy to open, even for preschoolers. The Lunch Bag has a durable velcro closure and most other products have screw on lids. Having your child be able to get their food on their own is always a plus.

*The lead-free thermal lining on the Lunch Bag and double wall vacuum insulated stainless steel walls on the Duo Thermal Containers keep the foods hot or cold for extended periods of time.

*The products are easy to clean. A damp cloth does the trick on the lunch bag and most of the items are top-rack dishwasher safe.

-They are durable. The Lunch Bag features sturdy nylon construction and has, along with my Uno Snack Containers, Sandwich Box, Duo Thermal Containers, and Stainless Steel Bottle, been tested for several months now - being thrown, swung and stashed, and all remain in good condition!

*If you do run into a problem, most FUEL items carry a 5 Year Warranty against defects caused by normal household use!

*On top of all that, they are affordable!

The not so positive:
While the products that we were given to review are all made of polypropylene, stainless steel, and nylon, I did see two products on their site made of melamine, which I'm not comfortable using (click here to find out why).

The final verdict?
Fuel has a great line-up of affordable, kid-friendly products that provide safer alternatives to counterparts containing BPA, PVC, Phthalates, and lead. The reusable quality helps teach children about reducing waste while providing easy clean-up for moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment