Monday, February 16, 2009

Safer Food Storage

In light of all the news on BPA, phthalates, and PVC, I've been on a search for safer food storage items. Even glass containers have plastic lids to think about! I was happy to find that my Pampered Chef Batter Bowl and Prep Bowls, which I use on a daily basis for serving and storing food, are a good choice. Since I sell Pampered Chef, I feel better knowing that the products they carry and I usually suggest, are BPA-free, though there are a select few that are made of polycarbonate plastic. Pyrex, Corelle, Corningware, and Anchor Hocking also are good alternatives. Both use glass without lead additives and their lids are BPA-free. A less familiar brand may be Kinetic Go Green Glasslock. These Glass Food Storage Containers feature non-toxic plastic silicone sealed
lids.

If you like stainless steel, check out Lunchbots. These containers are 100% stainless steel. Eco-friendly and reusable means saving money and the environment!

In terms of plastic food storage, Oxo Pop containers are made with BPA/PVC/phthalate-free plastic. The Container Store also sells TellFresh plastic containers that are made from molded polypropylene.

No comments:

Post a Comment